BE INFORMED AND BUILD AWARENESS
Bridge Builders begin with building their foundation of understanding themselves, the issues and others who are different from them. Leaders are Learners.
- White Fragility Explained: http://libjournal.uncg.edu/ijcp/article/view/249/116
- White Identity: http://www.christenacleveland.com/2013/07/whiteidentity/
- Action Items for New Allies: http://lightbreaksforth.com/2015/07/21/action-items-for-new-allies/
- Easy Mistakes When Thinking about Racial Inequality: https://sojo.net/articles/11-easy-mistakes-make-when-thinking-about-racial-inequality-us
- Building New Racial Justice Movement: http://racialinjustice.eji.org/timeline/ http://www.colorlines.com/articles/building-new-racial-justice-movement
- Introducing the Movement: http://mic.com/articles/132059/introducing-the-movement-mic-s-new-digital-series#.VWFAVkWAG
- PBS-School to Prison Pipeline Fact Sheet: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/tsr/education-under-arrest/school-to-prison-pipeline-fact-sheet/
Diversity on your Conference Stage: http://helenleeauthor.com/2015/11/the-case-for-diversity-on-your-conference-stage/
Harvard Article: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/user/agg/blindspot/indexrk.htm
EDUCATION and HISTORY
- Charleston Syllabus: http://www.aaihs.org/resources/charlestonsyllabus/
- Doctrine of Discovery: http://wirelesshogan.blogspot.com/2014/12/doctrine-of-discovery.html
JOIN THE BE THE BRIDGE COMMUNITY ONLINE
“Be the Bridge” to Racial Unity is a community of people who share a common goal of creating healthy dialogue about race and racialization in the U.S., with an emphasis on promoting understanding about racial disparities and injustices. The purpose of this forum is to create a safe and positive space for both learners and well-seasoned reconcilers to ask questions and process thoughts and ideas. Our intent is to equip one another to become interracial bridge builders, or ambassadors of racial reconciliation, within our respective communities. The ultimate desire is for the church to become credible witnesses to true biblical oneness.
Update your social media profiles to show that you’re part of the BTB tribe!
Or add a Twibbon to your Twitter profile!
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND STORY WITH OTHERS
- BLOG – Blog Post- Process for blogging form- Submit email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FACEBOOK GROUP – Join our Be The Bridge Facebook Community
- TESTIMONY – We want to hear your stories of racial reconciliation with your friends and community
HOST A LAUNCH PARTY IN YOUR AREA
After your group has met for 9-12 months, host a launch party and invite friends who have expressed an interest in diverse relationships. Invite friends to lead their own groups. Launch new groups to continue the movement, dialogue and healing. See guide for more information or email email@example.com.